Job: Desktop Support Specialist II
Job Status: Full Time
Desktop Support Specialist II is to provide remote, and on location technical support assistance to end users and junior technicians. Desktop Support Specialist II receives and follows up on all open / unresolved tickets, responds, and troubleshoots clients problems and concerns. Desktop Support Specialist II must be able to use their professional knowledge to resolve problems involving hardware and software issues, they must be able to use practical knowledge of operating system, application programs, and network topology. Reports to Senior Desktop Support Specialist and as needed, Information Systems Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Two year experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Two year experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Networking and Cisco VOIP telephony systems.
- Linear troubleshooting abilities for software and hardware issues.
- Superior documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Excellent customer service delivery skills.
- Requires minimal direct supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalency
- A+ and / or Microsoft Certification required.
- Two-year degree in computer science, MIS or related field, or commensurate experience working with PC software and hardware required. Four year degrees in any field in conjunction with experience can / will be considered in lieu of a computer science degree.